Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++17 headers missing

Victor_E_1
Beginner

I installed `parallel_studio_xe_2020_update4_cluster_edition_online` but headers such as `optional` and `variant` are missing. I have sourced the `psxe_vars.sh` and many other programs compile just fine.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please find the below details regarding Optional and Variant headers.

We see that optional.h could not be found only in parallel studio 2020 update 4. However, it will be available in all other versions of parallel studio and Intel oneapi. 

Also, We didn't find variant.h in all versions of parallel studio. However, it can be available in later versions of Intel oneapi 2021 update 1.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
Victor_E_1
Beginner

It seems the problem is not with the Intel compiler strictly: the Intel compiler uses GCC for parsing, so the system needs a new enough GCC.

My problem was solved after I upgraded GCC.

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

We are glad that your issue has been resolved. We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos