Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++ Compiler inclusion

SDeut
Beginner

I read on some product description, that Intel C++ Compiler is/was part of the INDE package.

Since I purchased a "Intel® Media Server Studio – Professional Edition" license, which seems to be the predecessor (not sure?), and even INDE is out dated, I wonder if C++ compiler license is part of the "Media Server Studio"?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Inde also may have been superseded.  They may have included clang cross compiler plugins targeting mobile devices.

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Stephan,
Intel® Media Server Studio is for developing Media applications where Intel® INDE was for client desktop and mobile app development.  Media Server Studio does not contain any compiler components.  They are no correlation between the two products.  They serve different market segments. 

INDE is no longer available for new users however most tools within Intel® INDE are now available as standalone downloads. Refer to the web page at: https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-inde-support 

The compiler and other tools and libraries are still available as part of the larger Intel® System Studio and Intel® Parallel Studio products.
Hope that answers your question but please let me know if you need any further clarifications outside of the INDE support web page link I listed above, thanks.

Regards,
Kittur

0 Kudos