Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++ Composer XE 2013 Update 5 (2013.5.198) Bug?

Pavel_Holoborodko__A

Hello,

Here is the code which compiles fine with MSVC 2010, ICC 11, 12, 13 but 13.1 with latest update 5 chokes on it:

#include <Eigen/SparseQR>

using namespace Eigen;

int main() {
  typedef Eigen::SparseMatrix< double > SparseDoubleMatrix;

SparseQR< SparseDoubleMatrix, COLAMDOrdering<int> > solver;

SparseDoubleMatrix A(10,10);   // Just dummy matrix for now (I know how to use SparseMatrices properly :)) 
  solver.compute(A);
}

See this thread for more information: http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=112254&p=289884

My system is Windows 7 64-bit, Intel C++ integrated into MSVC2010.

Overall last update seems to have some imperfections. The most painful among other issues - multi-processor compilation (/MP) doesn't work anymore (before update 5 it worked just fine on the same project).

How I can roll back to previous update?

Thank you,

Pavel.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
[ From another Non IDZ thread ] >>... >>Compiler points to solver.compute(A) with error message: >>class "Eigen::BlockImpl, -1, 1, 1, Eigen::Sparse>" has >>no member "operator=" >>... Did you verify SparseQR why class Eigen::BlockImpl does not have any longer the C++ operator =? >>...How I can roll back to previous update? Download it from Intel Software Registration Center, uninstall the current one and install the previous again.
0 Kudos
Pavel_Holoborodko__A

@ Did you verify SparseQR why class Eigen::BlockImpl does not have any longer the C++ operator =?

Of course, class Eigen::BlockImpl has "operator=" implemented. Other compilers have no problem with compiling the same code - MSVC2010, gcc and even ICC for Linux.

The only compiler complaing about non-existent "operator=" (which is in fact implemented) - ICC for Windows.

This is very unfortunate since Eigen is one of the most used C++ libraries for matrix cdomputrations (code comes from it).

Any ideas when this case will be investigated and bug fix issued (if any)?

Thank you,

Pavel.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Any ideas when this case will be investigated and bug fix issued (if any)? As soon as the problem is reproduced a short follow up will be made. If the problem doesn't allow to proceed in case of a bigger project than please consider a previous update ( already discussed ).
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Any ideas when this case will be investigated and bug fix issued (if any)? As soon as the problem is reproduced a short follow up will be made. If the problem doesn't allow to proceed in case of a bigger project than please consider a previous update ( already discussed ).
0 Kudos