Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C-Intercal

JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

The people who wrote this program are quite nicely described as fiends

#line 41 "awkgram.y"

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Screenshot 2021-05-03 230300.png

This brings back memories of AutoLISP in '88 and having to do all write functions as the manual was poor and the internet was no existent

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

reduce the probability of E774 to zero

Does anyone know what E774 error is in intercal -- it cannot be Reading start sensor paper remaining jam for a Toshiba printer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to laugh as I slowly add the code and look for interesting challenges

I renamed it from ick to prog as that is a less icky name. 

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Are you using any of the intel specific toolkits or software? If yes then please provide the detailed information regarding the issues that you are facing.

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Hello:

No, I spend most of my life on the Fortran forum.  Although I have written C Drivers, I really hate the language, but I finished class yesterday and stumbled across C-Intercal again, which is just a crazy program of no great value, but I thought I would reward myself by playing with it - it is just a game to me. 

I tried running the make files and loading it into MSVS, but it kept crashing, so I am slowly working my way through the code adding one line or function at a time so I can see how it works.  The authors make the worst form of program, and I have to relearn the C, but it is just fun. 

It is no worse than trying to decipher AutoLISP, but at least AutoLISP is a decent language for high level abstraction, the C-Intercal people have used every low level device you can imagine. 

Imagine you are standing on top of a Black Diamond Ski run, you look down and you know real fear, please someone do not let me fall in front of my 12 year old daughter I will never live it down. A beginner skis up next to you and asks what to do, you say , fall over break your leg and get the ski patrol to take you off the mountain, he looks at you funny and you say - you will look a lot worse in 20 minutes when you hit those rocks down there.  20 minutes later you stand beside the rocks and hand the guy a handkerchief to wipe the blood off his face and politely decline the return of the said item.  He looks at you and says can we do that again?  This is a true story and we did it 3 times till he gave up and I stopped laughing, if you have seen the trailer for the new Peter Rabbit movie where the main character rolls down the hill you will have some idea, just imagine snow covered, steeper and the guy is wearing skis.  When you fall on this slope you do not stop.  Did I say it was never in the sun and usually icy. 

Yes, 23 year old Australian men think they will live forever. 

However, as my friend wombat once said "turn hard turn fast turn often."  He once asked me, why do the ladies call me wombat, I said it was a term of affection, I did not say, because you dress from the Army Surplus and look like a World War 2 soldier in the Ardennes, you carry water, spare napkins, food and a medical kit in your backpack.  

He once asked why none of them would date him, but they loved to ski with him, I said you are a flawless skier, but I did not add and a complete nerd., but when they get into trouble you help them like a big brother, no one wants to date their big brother.  If you followed him down a mountain it was a valuable ski lesson.  

So thank you.  

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

So Intercal is a standard C program.  I can get it running using CL compiler with the main function - but as soon as I try the three *.c files in MSVC - in  standard c++ solution I get  a lot of errors, why will it compile in one but not the other. 

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

So now I get to yyparse, and lo and behold, of course Seamus Heaney caused a stir in using lo in Beowulf,  - I need to add flex and bison to create yyparse.  it used to be a lot easier in the old days with Quick C. 

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

This forum is to handle queries related to Intel compiler and software tools.

Since your query is not related to intel software and products, this may not be the right forum to post this question, so we are closing this thread.

We will no longer monitor this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread.

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks & regards

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos