Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++ Studio XE Installation fails

Johannes_M_
Beginner

Hi, first of all, sorry if i'm posting this in the wrong forum. I'm currently trying to install the Intel C++ Studio XE for Windows on my computer. Unfortunately after unpacking the offline installation file i am getting the following error message "ERROR: The installation is terminated because of unknown error. Suggestions: visit the Support Web Site for a solution to this problem.".

So here i am. Can you help me? thank you in advance for the help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Johannes,

Could you please look at the checksum of your installation package, and make sure that it is not corrupted?  Please find checksum of the version/update you downloaded at here.  Let me know if that works.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Could you please look at the checksum of your installation package, and make sure that it is not corrupted? Please find >>checksum of the version/update you downloaded at here... This is a really good advise and I think it makes sence to mention about Check Sums in Intel C++ compiler Installation Manual(s) in case of offline installs. Or, a Sticky Post could be created, or a note in FAQ could be added.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Johannes

Have you tried to install Studio XE when Kaspersky AV is disabled?

0 Kudos
Johannes_M_
Beginner

The new Process Explorer file without Kaspersky AV can be downloaded here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14818868/IntelProcMonWithoutKaspersky.PML

However, I am not able to generate a process dump because the Process Explorer throws an access denied error for the Setup.exe.

Do you have a md5 hash?

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Johannes

Thanks for uploading PM dump file.I will look at it tomorrow.

Regarding Process Explorer dump simply do not use it.Better way is to use windbg to collect the full minidump.Hopefully saved trap frame will contain the context of installer thread at the moment of exception.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Do you have a md5 hash? What exactly do you mean? An MD5 utility, or a 32-byte string with MD5-Signature? Like, '24311d9abc4077123c2c9a167afbe754'.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

>>>However, I am not able to generate a process dump because the Process Explorer throws an access denied error for the Setup.exe.>>>

Strange could the Setup.exe  be protected process just like DRM processes?

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

@Johannes

This line looks interesting

>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\*.lic RESULT - NO_SUCH_FILE

It seems that IRP_MJ_DIRECTORY_CONTROL cannot file or locate your license file.Prior to exit of Setup.exe process there are failed calls to RegOpenKey such like this one HKCR\CLSID\{FA445657-9379-11D6-B41A-00065B83EE53}.

0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Btw Kaspersky AV is still running.If you do not perform online installation please disable AV real-time protection.I cannot find any clue in PM dumps.The best option could collecting full process minidump.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...It seems that IRP_MJ_DIRECTORY_CONTROL cannot file or locate your license file... Even if somebody installs Intel C++ Studio XE without a license file it should not lead to a crash or some problem with installer and after the installation the software will work as Evaluation for 30 days. It was already suggested to try installation over the internet, that is, online instead of offline.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Johannes M. wrote:

i tried to do this, but if i am starting the online-installer the process doesn't show up the task manager. anti-virus and firewall are deactivated.

@Sergey

As you may see @Johannes had already tried to perform online installation.

0 Kudos