Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

C compiler option -fast does not work with -QaxMiKW option

danijeldomazet
Beginner

I am using Intel C Compiler 8.0 in MS Visual Studio 6.0, Win XP. When I compile the project with compiler options:

/fast /QaxMiKW

linker reports error:

link: executing 'C:PROGRA~1MICROS~2VC98Binlink.exe'

35963.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _vmlsCos4

Compiling with only one of the options, either /fast or /QaxMiKW works fine, but these options together don't work.

What do I need to do in order to fix this error?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cp_jain
Beginner
You should have these options (/fast /QaxW) even while creating the library with Intel compiler.
If you directly use linker then you need to explicitly link vector math library.

HTH,
cp
0 Kudos
danijeldomazet
Beginner
PLEASE, COULD YOU BE A BIT MORE SPECIFIC:
"You should have these options (/fast /QaxW) even while creating the library with Intel compiler."
WHAT DID YOU MEAN BY THIS? WHAT LIBRARY?

"If you directly use linker then you need to explicitly link vector math library."
WHAT DOES IT MEAN directly? HOW DO YOU explicitely LINK LIBRARY?

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Message Edited by tim18 on 08-25-2004 06:07 AM

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Your link appears to be succeeding or failing on the question of whether the compiler understands that the compiler should instruct the linker to search the short vector math library, which it would do with the option /QaxW.
0 Kudos
cp_jain
Beginner
I think from now on I should think TWICE (or more?) before giving answer to your (Mr dand123's) queries.

Thank you tcprince for your response.

cp

Message Edited by cp_jain on 01-16-2004 04:49 AM

0 Kudos
danijeldomazet
Beginner
If you don't feel like typing a few meaningfull sentences, than don't type at all! I have come here for help, not for somebody's haughtiness.
Here is a plain and simple answer from Intel support:

"You need to link with svml_disp.lib in order to find these symbols. This library is located in the Lib directory under our compiler (i.e. C:Program FilesIntelCPPCompiler80Ia32Lib)."

Message Edited by dand123 on 01-21-2004 06:05 AM

0 Kudos