Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

C++ compiler won't work

philstewart
Beginner
Hi,

I'm trying to compile a c++ program using icpc (version 10.1.015) on Fedora 9. If I compile it with g++ it works fine, but the intel compiler returns the error:

/usr/include/c++/4.3.0/x86_64-redhat-linux/bits/c++locale.h(94): error: argument of type "__va_list_tag *" is incompatible with parameter of type "char *"
const int __ret = __builtin_vsnprintf(__out, __size, __fmt, __args);

I have no idea what to do, I'd rather not use g++ as I find it too slow for what I need.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Phil
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
icpc isn't yet compatible with the latest libstdc++, and hasn't had a chance to catch up with FC9. g++ 4.1 is fully supported, and 4.2 normally works with icpc, with minor adjustments (although I can't vouch for FC9 otherwise). Install an older gcc and put it first on PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Also, check your glibc and kernel versions against the documented supported range, although those are less likely to be a problem, and also not so easy to backdate, other than by installing a supported distro.
0 Kudos
philstewart
Beginner
Thanks for the quick reply, solves my problem! Cheers, Phil
0 Kudos