Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

C++ oneAPI HPC Toolkit & oneAPI Base Toolkit installation

PSK1
Novice

Hi

I tried to download and install C++ oneAPI HPC Toolkit & oneAPI Base Toolkit installation, but it seems they do not install correctly because of different (latest) versions available (ver 2022.1.2 & 2022.1)
The effect is that icl.exe and ifx.exe are unavailable on command line , but icx.exe is available

Is there a workaround for this situation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

This is a known issue where "ifx", “ifort” and “icl” are not available in the command window environment while using Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 on top of Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.1 or Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit 2022.1.

This affects Windows only, not Linux or macOS.

You can try the WORK AROUND HERE.

Or you can uninstall Base Tookit 2022.1.2 and re-install Base Toolkit 2022.1.1 for both Base Toolkit and HPC Toolkit.

For more information regarding your issue, please refer to the below link:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-C-Compiler/2022-1-2-Base-Toolkit-for-Windows-package-can-break-ifort-ifx/m-p/1355587#M39664

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The best practice is to install Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit before installing Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

So, could you please let us know whether you installed Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit first, before installing Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit? If not, then we recommend you uninstall the Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit and try to install it again.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue. If you face any issues while installation or post-installation, please get back to us with the screenshots.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
PSK1
Novice

Thank you for your reply

Let me elaborate a bit:
The platform in question is Windows 10, and I intended to install oneAPI Base Toolkit first, and then  oneAPI HPC Toolkit on top.
I tried to reinstall  oneAPI HPC Toolkit without any luck, so I investigated further and found, that the Binaries were installed in 2 different directories, namely 2022.0.0 and 2022.0.2, which causes the problems.
There are no problems installing the toolkits, only issues with version.

I emphasize that I downloaded the latest toolkit versions from website, causing confusion as the 2 toolkits do not correspond to each other regarding versions (consequently version directories)

Best regards
Peter

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

This is a known issue where "ifx", “ifort” and “icl” are not available in the command window environment while using Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2022.1.2 on top of Intel® oneAPI HPC Toolkit 2022.1 or Intel® oneAPI IoT Toolkit 2022.1.

This affects Windows only, not Linux or macOS.

You can try the WORK AROUND HERE.

Or you can uninstall Base Tookit 2022.1.2 and re-install Base Toolkit 2022.1.1 for both Base Toolkit and HPC Toolkit.

For more information regarding your issue, please refer to the below link:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-C-Compiler/2022-1-2-Base-Toolkit-for-Windows-package-can-break-ifort-ifx/m-p/1355587#M39664

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos
SantoshY_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for accepting our solution. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos