Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

CPU2006 compile issues with MSVC 2013, ICC XE 2015 rev 3, windows server 2012

Mike_U_
Beginner

ICL Version 12.0.3.208

I have compile errors with 2 cpu2006 benchmarks.

483.xalancbmk dies in execution if I compile with -O3 -ipo; it works fine with -O2

453.povray says:

file defaultrenderfrontend.cpp

error "<mathimf.h> is incompatible with system <math.h>!"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Judith_W_Intel
Employee
The first problem sounds like a compiler bug but we'd need a reproducer to confirm. FYI ICL version 12.0 is about 5 years old and no longer supported, we are currently in beta of 16.0. The second problem occurs if the user directly or indirectly includes both math.h (Microsoft's math header) and mathimf.h (Intel's math header), i.e.: !% cat foo.cpp #include #include !% icl -c foo.cpp Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Versi on Mainline Beta Build x Built May 13 2015 20:43:15 by jward4 on JWARD4-DESK1 in D:/workspaces/cfe/dev Copyright (C) 1985-2015 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. foo.cpp //hrcna01a.nh.intel.com/wref1/crunlib/mainline_20150429/efi2/nt_test/include/mathimf.h(36): catastrophic error: #error directive: " is incompatible with system !" # error " is incompatible with system !" ^ compilation aborted for foo.cpp (code 4) !% This sounds like a bug in the benchmark code or in the configuration.
0 Kudos
Mike_U_
Beginner

Sorry, I mistyped.

version is 15.0.3.208

0 Kudos
Mike_U_
Beginner

Is there somewhere I can file a bug with instructions to reproduce?

I can't find published SPEC results with ICL and VS12, all the published ones on the web are ICL and VS10.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You could file on your premier support account created by registering license at HTTPS://registrationcenter.intel.com

It would be surprising if vs version affected icl performance.

0 Kudos