Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Can I use C++ compilers on a AMD processor?

BeatrizVM
Beginner

Hi, I want to use C++ compilers on my AMD processor. I use Windows as OS, and I have installed Visual Basic and have Intel oneAPI Base Toolkit and Intel oneAPI HPC Toolkit. But when I try to run a makefile, doesn't recognize the intel compilers? What do I need to do to use these compilers?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi Beatriz,

Thank you for posting in Intel C++ Compiler forum. About Intel Compiler not being recognized during running of makefile, please try the steps mentioned under “Using Makefiles to Store Information for Compilation on Windows*” in

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference/top/compiler-setup/using-the-command-line/using-makefiles-to-compile-your-application.html

To modify makefile to use the Intel C++ compiler, please refer the steps under “Modified makefile for the Intel® C++ Compiler”

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-developer-guide-and-reference/top/compatibility-and-portability/portability/porting-from-the-microsoft-compiler-to-the-intel-c-compiler/modifying-your-makefile.html#modifying-your-makefile

If the issue persists, please provide us with the following details:

1.    Error screenshot/log

2.    Makefile that you are trying to run

3.    Steps/ Commands used to reproduce the issue

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Yes, Intel C++ compiler generates code to be run on x86 and x86_64 architectures.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

We will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

Thanks,

0 Kudos