Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Can not install Intel C++ compiler on Fedora

Deleted_U_Intel
Employee
I use Fedora Core 1. When installing Intel C++ compiler, I got the following error. How can I solve it? By the way, I remember that I could install the earlier version of Intel C++ compiler on Redhat 9. Here's the following error:

What rpm install options would you like? [-U --replacefiles]
-U --replacefiles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Substitute Headers for Intel C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 8.0
Installing...
install.sh: line 908: 3113 Segmentation fault rpm $OPTIONS $PREFIX $CHOSENRPM >&$TEMPFILE.rpmout
Installation failed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Intel C++ Compiler for 32-bit applications, Version 8.0
Installing...
install.sh: line 908: 3123 Segmentation fault rpm $OPTIONS $PREFIX $CHOSENRPM >&$TEMPFILE.rpmout
Installation failed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ffelix
Beginner
Hello,

I got the same message as you. A workaround might be to install the RPM directly without using the install script (as I did) but then you cannot choose installation directory, etc.

Regards
Fernando
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Hi,
To run the installation scripts, you do need to be a root user. Please also verify the supported kernel/glib versions in the Intel C++ Compiler's ReleaseNotes.
There's a FAQ on our website on how to install the compiler manually at http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/c/linux/sb/CS-007711.htm.
Thanks.
Jennifer
0 Kudos