Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Can not link with libimf.so

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
I am trying to compile a simple program and the link phase is failing because the libimf.so "can not be found". Here is the output from the compile command.

/opt/intel_cc_80/bin/icc -L/opt/intel_cc_80/lib -o CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.o -c /home/jacksonm/workspace/MXADataModel/Intel/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/testCCompiler.c

and then the link phase:
/opt/intel_cc_80/bin/icc -L/opt/intel_cc_80/lib -fPIC "CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/testCCompiler.o" -o cmTryCompileExec -rdynamic
ld: skipping incompatible /opt/intel_cc_80/lib/libimf.a when searching for -limf
ld: skipping incompatible /opt/intel_cc_80/lib/libimf.a when searching for -limf
ld: cannot find -limf

This is on a Fedora Core 1 system, using the 8.0 Intel C++ release on AMD64 Hardware.

[jacksonm@titanium Intel]$ uname -a
Linux titanium.imts.us 2.4.22-1.2197.nptlsmp #1 SMP Thu Jul 1 15:06:53 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I had to use a manual install as the install.sh was seg faulting at line 908. I manually corrected the entries in the iccvars.sh file also.

We are using the evaluation license as we have some Intel Fortran code to link against some "C" code and we were not sure if the combo would have worked or not. I chose the 8.0 release of the C++ compiler as we only have the 8.0 release of teh Fortran compiler.

If someone can shed some light on this I would much appreciate it.

Thanks
Mike Jackson
IMTS.us

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The obsolete icc 8.0 has no support for 64-bit x86-64, and AMD has no support for IA-64 emulation. You may be able to use the 32-bit compiler, if you have installed all fc 32-bit development and compatibility library options. It's possible that no Intel compiler is fully compatible with such an old x86-64 system, as the first satisfactory x86-64 combination was RH EL3.5 with the final Intel 8.1 compilers. Even those haven't had full support over the last year.
0 Kudos