Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Can't figure out what to purchase - need cheapest available license option

Andrew_Pollack
Beginner
I'm quite frustrated. I've searched the website and can't seem to find a way to buy just the compiler.
All I need to be able to use is the CCompW (icl) compiler. I don't need a development studio or anything else.

To compile some C++ code for 64 bit, the API I'm using requires the Intel C++ Compiler for Windows (actually it specifies an older version, but I'm told the licensing is backward compatible.

Any help would be appreciated
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JenniferJ

Emmm. I did some digging and found the link. You'll need the Intel C++ Composer XE for Windows, the link ishttp://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-composer-xe-purchase/

The Intel C++ Composer XE for Windows comes with the Intel C++ compiler, Intel IPP, Intel TBB libs, and Intel MKL libs.

We do notoffer the Intel C++ compileronly pkg any more.

You said you have an old license,check it to see if it's cheaper to just renew the support service.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Andrew_Pollack
Beginner
So this won't do it?

http://softwarestore.ispfulfillment.com/intel-parallel-composer.html

That one is $399 (still very expensive -- but seems to have the c++ compiler in it)
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

Sorry for the delayed response.

The Intel C++ compiler from Intel Parallel Composer is a light weight compiler. It does not have the full compiler optimization functionalities as the one in Intel C++ Composer XE product pkg.

Before you buy it, try both with eval. See if the Intel Parallel Composer 2011 is good enough for you.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Andrew_Pollack
Beginner
When I went to grab the parallel composer, I was able to drop the license key for it in my composer xe license folder and use the compiler for what I need it to do. Is this an indication that that the parallel composer will be sufficient, or to test will I need to uninstall the XE product completely and install the parallel composer from scratch?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If I understand what you're saying, the compiler would ignore a license for another product; it's normal to have all Intel licenses in the same folder. So it tells you nothing about feature differentiation between the products.
0 Kudos