Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Can't find lib files

homer4421
Beginner
Hello,

I am a very new Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) user, and I'm using Intel C++ Composer XE for Linux and Intel Fortran Composer XE for Linux for the purposes of evaluating whether they will work with the research I'm trying to do. I'm specifically trying to run a program, however I keep getting "error while loading shared libraries: libcxa.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". While I am very much a Linux noobie, I know enough that this relates to the library files, however I don't seem to be able to locate libcxa.so.5 in the compiler directories. Have these lib files been phased out from the new versions of the Intel compilers, and if so, can someone please tell me how I can find them?

Thank you in advance for your help and patience with my noobishness.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
It does appear that libcxa.so.5 is no longer present in supported products. So, if you had a project built on some previous version of icpc, you would need to re-link against more recent libraries, or get the libraries distributed with the older compiler.
0 Kudos