Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Can't see Intel C++ in VS 2013

Jeff_W_1
Beginner

I work on two projects one in VB.NET and one in C++.

I have Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013, which I use for the VB project, and Codelite with the GNU C++ compiler, which I use for the C++ project. For various reasons, I want to keep the C++ project free of Microsoft-specific influences.

I wanted to try the Intel C++ compiler, so I downloaded the trial version of "Intel® Parallel Studio XE for Windows" and installed it, and there are now signs of the presence of Intel C++ in VS 2013, but I can't start an Intel C++ project because VS defaults to Microsoft C++.

How do I get round this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The Intel installer should find your VS installation and suggest integration into it. A VS project would still default to Microsoft but the option of switching between Intel and Microsoft C++ ought to be available at the top of the screen once you open a project.  As there is sharing of Microsoft tools, headers, and libraries, there's a lot of visible Microsoft influence.

'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

The Intel installer should find your VS installation and suggest integration into it. A VS project would still default to Microsoft but the option of switching between Intel and Microsoft C++ ought to be available at the top of the screen once you open a project.  As there is sharing of Microsoft tools, headers, and libraries, there's a lot of visible Microsoft influence.

'

0 Kudos
Jeff_W_1
Beginner

Thank you Tim.

It did not strike me to create a Visual C++ project and then change the compiler.

The change is at "<right click on project in Solution Explorer>/Intel Composer XE 2013 SP1/Use Intel C++"

Happy Easter,

Jeff

0 Kudos