Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Can't use 'mpiicc' after installation of Parallel Studio

cavalcante__lucas

Hello all,

I just installed parallel_studio_xe_2018_update2_professional_edition.
After some digging I've found how to enable the command 'icc'.
Can't find references about how to enable 'mpiicc' though (I'm not referring to 'mpicc'!).

May someone please guide me?
I'm on Ubuntu 18.04.

> Edit:

I've noticed that the `mpiicc.sh` link is missing from `/opt/intel/bin`.

lucas@inspiron:/opt/intel/bin$ ls
codecov           compilervars.sh  gcore-ia  gdb-igfx  iccvars.csh  icpc   ifortvars.csh  map_opts  profmerge  tselect  xild
compilervars.csh  fpp              gdb-ia    icc       iccvars.sh   ifort  ifortvars.sh   profdcg   proforder  xiar

I tried to install `l_mpi-rt_2018.2.199` separately, but it says that such a component is already satisfied.

Then I followed this: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/missing-mpivarsh-error
But no success.

lucas@inspiron:/opt/intel/bin$ . /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2018/linux/bin/compilervars.sh intel64
lucas@inspiron:/opt/intel/bin$ . /opt/intel/impi/2018.2.199/intel64/bin/mpivars.sh
lucas@inspiron:/opt/intel/bin$ mpiicc -v

Command 'mpiicc' not found

> End edit.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Mpi-rt supports fortran coarrays but doesn't take the place of Intel mpi from cluster studio or other mpi implementations If you do install impi you need to set up according as by sourcing both compilervars and mpivars scripts
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Tim P. wrote:

Mpi-rt supports fortran coarrays but doesn't take the place of Intel mpi from cluster studio or other mpi implementations
If you do install impi you need to set up according as by sourcing both compilervars and mpivars scripts

There is also free impi runtime library which doesn't support development
0 Kudos
cavalcante__lucas

Dear Tim, 

Thank you for your answer. 
I'm not aware of what you mean though.

Is it possible to compile C++ programs with 'mpiicc' in Ubuntu 18.04 ?

Please let me know if I'm asking a wrong question.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
There are psxe versions with and without iimpi for linux and windows. For impi development you need the full cluster studio version of psxe. The exact ubuntu distro which has been tested fully will be documented in the release notes,but impi s. hould run if icc does You could install mpi or fortran coarrays runtime library support without buying cluster studio but those don't include mpi wrappers or headers . If you meant to buy cluster studio but bought a lesser version, you ought to be able to trade up.
0 Kudos
cavalcante__lucas

Thank you all for the comments. 
I managed to find `mpiicc` after installing the full version of PS Cluster Version.

0 Kudos