Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Cannot include ia64intrin.h

yodw
Beginner
Hi,
I'm trying includeia64intrin.h for compare-and-swap intrinsics. However, the compiler cannot find the header file. I'm usingparallel_studio_xe_2011_sp1_intel64, and/opt/intel/composer_xe_2011_sp1.6.233/compiler/include/ does not haveia64intrin.h.
Thanks,
Yod
0 Kudos
9 Replies
JenniferJ
Intel-64 is not Itanium IA64.

If you need to use the ia64intrin.h, you need to download the IA64 compiler. The latest IA64 compiler isversion 11.1.
The Intel C++ Composer XEproduct you are usingdoes not contain the IA64 compiler.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
yodw
Beginner
Thank you for the clarification. How can I use compare-and-swap intrinsics in my version of compiler? Do I need to install IA64 compiler? Thanks.

Yod
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
If you're compiling for Itanium, you will need the IA64 (current version still 11.1). You can download at https://registrationcenter.intel.com.
If porting to a platform covered by the compiler you quoted, you will need to change the source code so as not to require Itanium intrinsics header.
0 Kudos
yodw
Beginner
Thanks. I'm not compiling for IA64. I'll use inline asm instead.
Yod
0 Kudos
JenniferJ
Quoting yodw
Thanks. I'm not compiling for IA64. I'll use inline asm instead.
Yod

If I understand it correctly, you are probably targetingx64 (Intel 64). In this case you should not use "ia64intrin.h".
Check other *intrin.h provided under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\compiler\include".

Jennifer

0 Kudos
p__Rahul
Beginner

i have installed latest IA64 compiler isversion 11.1.  on the windows 10, 64-bit OS , but still i didn't find the  ia64intrin.h header file on the System. Currenlty, i am using VS2013 pro edition on my system. please help me out for this.

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

p, Rahul wrote:

i have installed latest IA64 compiler isversion 11.1.  on the windows 10, 64-bit OS , but still i didn't find the  ia64intrin.h header file on the System. Currenlty, i am using VS2013 pro edition on my system. please help me out for this.

Windows Server 2008 R2 was the latest supported for IA64 (Itanium) processor.

You probably mean Intel 64, then ia64intrin.h is not the case  for it.

0 Kudos
p__Rahul
Beginner

right! , i want to use intel 64. but to set and get register which header file needs to use for the compiler intrinsic for 64-bit application.  

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\<your compiler package>\compiler\include would have all *intrin.h files.

0 Kudos