Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Cannot install Intel Compiler with Eclipse Luna

IKhai
Beginner

Hi,

I installed the new version of Eclipse (with CDT) Luna. I couldn't install the Intel Compiler support, the following error appeared:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2013 SP1 Documentation for Linux* OS 8.2.0 (com.intel.compiler.help.feature.group 8.2.0)
  Missing requirement: Intel(R) C++ Composer XE 2013 SP1 Documentation for Linux* OS 8.2.0 (com.intel.compiler.help.feature.group 8.2.0) requires 'com.intel.compiler.help [8.2.0]' but it could not be found

I tried to do the same with a fresh installation of Eclipse Kepler with no problems.

Is there a solution for my problem?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello,

CDT 8.2 and later is not (yet) supported in our compiler plug-in for Eclipse*.

With Intel(R) Composer XE 2013 SP1 we support up to Eclipse 4.2 and CDT 8.1. Please also see the Release Notes:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-c-composer-xe-2013-sp1-release-notes

With the next major release we're supporting Eclipse 4.3 and CDT 8.1. There is no support on the list for 4.4 and later CDT versions yet. I'll inform our engineers for the plug-in about that. Once I hear back from them I'll let you know.

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello,

we've done some changes and support Eclipse 4.4 with CDT 8.4.0 now with the latest version (released last week):
Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition (and all suites that include it)

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos
Jack_S_
Beginner

Hi George,

Can you elaborate on the future plans of Intel as for providing the Fortran debugger or its corresponding Eclipse plug-in ? In the 2015 parallel suit the debugger isn't included, and the Eclipse project developed its debugger and the associated Fortran plug-in unofficially supported.
Do you know or can estimate Intel's and/or Eclipse commitment to the Fortran developers ?

Thanks,

Jack. 

0 Kudos
Jack_S_
Beginner

Following my last email : are you kindly familiar with a step-by-step guide of using the Photran-Eclipse-Plugin (compiling large number of Fortran files and debugging those files ? Just like the IDB user guide ...)

Thanks again,

Jack.

0 Kudos
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello Jack,

with deprecation of Intel(R) Debugger for Intel(R) Composer XE 2013 SP1 and the final removal in the latest version Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition (same component, but please note the name change) our future debugger support for Fortran is the following:

We work with the GNU* GDB community and include their debugger as part of the aforementioned components. In return we sponsor engineers to work on GDB and esp. contribute to Fortran capabilities among other features that are required to debug on the latest (Intel) processor generations. GDB itself is command line only. As we use the exact same debugger our GDB version can be used in any IDE that also uses the "standard" GDB debugger, such as Eclipse. Right now we don't plan any GUI extensions with respect to Fortran debugging. I can only refer you to using the Photran plug-in with Eclipse. If you see things missing, you might want to talk to the Photran developers.

Regarding your last question: AFAIK you only need to create an Eclipse (Fortran) project and can run the debugger right away. What exactly is not working for you?

Best regards,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos