Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Cannot open .lib file when switch to Intel C++ compiler

Miraboreasu
Beginner

I used to use Visual C++ compiler in visual studio 2019, it works well.Now I heard that the Intel compiler can automatically parallelize the code, so I want to try it, however, under Intel compiler, there is a building error, namely, a .lib file cannot file. Any suggestion to handle this?

The message is cannot find library CGAL-iw-mt-4.10.2.lib from #pragma comment

But I don't think I code something like ```pragma comment(xxx.lib)```

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Please help us with the compiler and Visual studio versions that are being used. We would need a small reproducer code along with the error screenshot to better understand the query. It would be better if we get the steps followed for building the code too. Also, you can check the below links for reference :

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/automatic-parallelization-with-intel-compilers.html

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/cpp-compiler-auto-vectorization-tutorial/top.html

Please let us know if the issue persists in command prompt too.

Regards,

Arpita  

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Please let us know, if you have any updates on the above query.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
Miraboreasu
Beginner

I have 2019 visual studio, I am not sure about the compiler version, and this is a huge project, IDK how to make you reproduce it, but can't I simply click using the intel compiler?

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

We would really need the exact versions of your Visual Studio 2019, the compiler you used previously and intel compiler you are trying to use at present. Also, please elaborate the process you are following.

These details will really help us to understand your issue better.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

Please let us know, if you have any updates on the above query.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos
ArpitaP_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you, so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards,

Arpita

0 Kudos