Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7957 Discussions

Cannot view ICC source code in VS2012?

T_C
Beginner

I am using Visual Studio 2012 with ICC v13 and when I am stepping through some code which calls new() when I step in to the new() operator source code I can see at the top it has Microsoft copyright- so it is going in to the Microsoft implementation of new() and not Intel's??

Why can I not see the ICC implementation of new()? I would like to be able to step through my code and see the Intel C++ source code and assembler source code- not Microsoft's.

(The project is definitely being compiled by the ICC, I have correctly switched away from the Visual compiler) 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Intel does not supply its own version of the C/C++ runtime libraries, we use the Microsoft version on Windows and the GNU version on Linux. This ensures link compatibility.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Judith_W_Intel
Employee

Intel does not supply its own version of the C/C++ runtime libraries, we use the Microsoft version on Windows and the GNU version on Linux. This ensures link compatibility.

0 Kudos