Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Choosing C++11 libraries.

Levi_Morrison
Beginner

We have multiple installations of GNU and Intel compilers. The version of the libstdc++ that comes on the system does not have support for std::chrono::steady_clock. We are able to use -gxx-name to link to a new g++ version and it works correctly. However, this is not suitable option for our users. Aside from the PATH environment variable, is there some way we can set what g++ version to use for libstdc++?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>... is there some way we can set what g++ version to use for libstdc++? There is -V option and here is its description: ... -V [version] - Run gcc version number , if installed ...
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
However, it is Not clear what versions of compilers are installed and I just discovered that different versions could have differences, that is a completely different actions for GCC compilers, when -V option is used (!).
0 Kudos
Levi_Morrison
Beginner

I should have been more clear in my original post: is there some way I can make icc always use a particular version of libstdc++ for all users?

0 Kudos