Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Code coverage using multiple Projects in a Solution

Philippe_C_1
Beginner

I'm using Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 Composer Edition C++ on Windows and MS Visual Studio 2010.

I have a Visual Studio Solution with several Projects. I added /Qcov-gen to several projects which resulted in several .spi files be generated at compile-time, one for each project.

When I run codecov.exe (using the command-line), I have to specify one .spi file and codecov.exe generates a report that covers only the source files in the project that corresponds to the .spi file I specified.

My question is: how can I generate a code coverage report that includes the source files of several of my projects in my solution?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Hi Philippe,
You brought up a very good question. Unfortunately, we support merging of the .dpi files but not .spi files. Hence what you're asking is not available in the product presently and you can view individual project with it's corresponding .spi file as argument for code coverage.

I'll file a feature request and it'll be good to provide this capability you requested.  Appreciate your patience till then and I'll keep you updated when the feature is implemented and the release with that feature is out accordingly.

Regards,
Kittur

0 Kudos
Philippe_C_1
Beginner

Thank you Ganesh. I look forward to an update of Intel Code Coverage that will be able to work with mulitple .spi files.

0 Kudos
Kittur_G_Intel
Employee

Absolutely, our pleasure. I'll keep you updated as soon as the release with the feature request is out. Again, this is a good catch and it makes sense to incorporate this feature in our product, thanks!
_Kittur

0 Kudos