Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Code generation bug in -parallel

Nick_M_3
New Contributor I

The attached program (which is actually C) produces incorrect output if and only if -parallel is specified, irrespective of the number of threads and what seems to be consistently.  However, there is a difference between 13.1.2.183 and the beta, though both are incorrect.  It works in its Fortran version (not included) and under gcc.  To test it, run the command 'show N', where N is the number of iterations (I recommend 1).  That shows that it is corrupting the data indexed by the lower bound(s).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nick_M_3
New Contributor I

File renamed as Bug_1.tgz for the poor little Web script.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...File renamed as Bug_1.tgz for the poor little Web script. That's OK and IDZ uploading subsystem verifies for some extensions and renames some of them ( the list of supported extensions provided below the editor's box ). Thanks for the report and test case.
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Nick,

I've reproduced the problem you reported, and entered it to our problem-tracking database.  I'll let you know when I have an update regarding it.  Thank you for your test case.

Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base:  http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

14.0 compiler contains a fix for this issue.  FYI.

0 Kudos