Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Code that compiled with Comper XE 2012 doesn't compile with 2013

Rawlins__David
Beginner

Hi,

I'm attaching some code that compiled fine with Composer XE 2012, but is giving the following errors  with 2013 (Package ID: l_ccompxe_2013.5.192):

FEMultiphasic.cpp(30): error: incomplete type is not allowed
  void fn(complex<double>& z, complex<double>& fz, vector<double> a)
       ^

FEMultiphasic.cpp(30): error: identifier "complex" is undefined
          ^

FEMultiphasic.cpp(30): error: type name is not allowed
                  ^

FEMultiphasic.cpp(30): error: identifier "z" is undefined
                           ^

FEMultiphasic.cpp(30): error: expected a ")"
                            ^

FEMultiphasic.cpp(31): error: expected a ";"
  {
  ^

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JenniferJ

The compiler pkg id you posted is for Linux. I'm guessing that's a typo.

is the code compiled with VS2012 ok? The code can not be compiled because of the missing header files. if it uses many C++11 features, try adding /Qstd=c++11. It will turn on more C++ 11 support.

Also the coming 14.0 will support even more C++11 features.

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Rawlins__David
Beginner

Hi Jennifer,

We're compiling the code on multiple platforms.  Only linux is having problems.  In my makefile I'm including:

INTEL_INC = /opt/intel/composerxe/include/

If I delete that, it compiles without error.

Dave

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...FEMultiphasic.cpp(30): error: identifier "complex" is undefined Please verify that a header file ( see a list below ) with declaration for complex type is included in case of compilation on a Linux platform. complex or complex.h or math.h or float.h
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Please upload all the rest header files because your test case ( for Windows ) is Not complete.
0 Kudos
JenniferJ

It might be just the env that is not setup.

did you source the compilervars.sh under the \opt\intel\composerxe\bin folder?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here is a very simple reproducer ( source file attached ): [ Codes ] // Test036.cpp // http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/413944 #include "stdio.h" int main( void ) { complex< double > cd; return ( int )0; } [ Compilation Output ] ..\Tests>icl.exe /MD Test036.cpp Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 12.1.7.371 Build 20120928 Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Test036.cpp Test036.cpp(8): error: identifier "complex" is undefined complex< double > cd; ^ Test036.cpp(8): error: type name is not allowed complex< double > cd; ^ Test036.cpp(8): error: identifier "cd" is undefined complex< double > cd; ^ compilation aborted for Test036.cpp (code 2)
0 Kudos
Casey
Beginner

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

Here is a very simple reproducer ( source file attached ):

[ Codes ]

// Test036.cpp
// http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/413944

#include "stdio.h"

int main( void )
{
complex< double > cd;

return ( int )0;
}

And here is a very simple fix

[cpp]

#include <stdio.h>
#include <complex>

int main( void )
{
std::complex< double > cd;

return ( int )0;
}

[/cpp]

Compiles with no errors or warnings with icpc (13.1.3 update 5), g++ (4.6.3)  and clang++ (3.3).

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
I did'n use #include "complex" statement in my example in order to reproduce the problem and in my previous post I already explained that some include headers are Not included in case of a Linux platform. Also, Dave provided a test case for Windows platform because it uses stdafx.h header file.
0 Kudos
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

I isolated that function from your code base and created this code snippet:

[cpp]#include <stdio.h>
#include <complex>
#include <vector>
using namespace std;
void fn(complex<double>& z, complex<double>& fz, vector<double> a) {
        int n = (int)a.size()-1;
        fz = a[0];
        complex<double> x(1,0);
        for (int i=1; i<=n; ++i) {
                x *= z;
                fz += a*x;
        }
        return;
}
[/cpp]

$ icpc test.cc -c
$ icpc -V
Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 13.1.3.192 Build 20130607

The above command compiles the above file fine. Similarily, the same source compiles fine on Windows too. The command used on Windows is:

>icl test.cc -c

Thanks and Regards
Anoop

0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Dave,

Since you conveyed that by setting the env var "INTEL_INC=" in the Makefile, You are able to reproduce the issue and as Sergey and Jennifer were able to reproduce the errors that you are getting by not including the "math/complex" header file, It hints us that setting this env var in Make file is misleading the "INCLUDE" path, which would be set when we source our compiler script "compilervars.sh <arch".

It would be helpful, if you can zip the project and upload here so we can edit the Makefile and test the issue.

What is the error/effect that you see if you don't include this env var in your Makefile?

Regards,

Sukruth H V

0 Kudos
Rawlins__David
Beginner

I concur that INTEL_INC in the Makefile is misleading the include path.  As far as I'm concerned the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos