Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7942 Discussions

Compilation (catastrophic) error with latest release of Intel C++ compiler (2021.5)

PeterB
Beginner

Platform: Windows
ICC version: 2021.5

#include <math.h>

int kek(long a)
{
  return ldexp(a, -3);
}

if compiled with /Qimf-use-svml:true, gives the following error: test.c(6) (col. 10): catastrophic error: register xmm1 is unsuitable for data type in #pragma linkage il0_xmm_cc_2

We should be eligible for premium support too, but when creating premium support ticket I'm told we're not. Also the link to "letting you know we don't have premium support by mistake" only takes me to community forum.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gernot_Intel

Hello Peter,

we just wanted to let you know that the situation has been fixed with the 2022.2 release of our compilers/toolkits. This version is now publicly available for download. Please give it a try and let us know in case of any questions.

Best regards and many thanks for your patience!

--Gernot

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PeterB
Beginner

I managed to post this to a wrong section. But when trying to move to 

it complains with:

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

Would be appreciated if someone could move this post to the right section.

0 Kudos
DitiD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reporting to us.

We're working on it and we'll get back to you soon.

Meanwhile, since you've mentioned that you're eligible for priority support, can you please once again try raising your issue using below link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/get-help/priority-support.html

If you're still facing any issues, please do let us know.

Thanks and Regards,

Ditipriya.

0 Kudos
Khalik_K_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Support.

We were able to reproduce your issue on our end.

I have now escalated this to our development team to prepare the fix.

As a workaround, you may compile your code without specifying /Qimf-use-svml:true option if that works for you.

I will update you once we get a response from the development team on this or once the fix is available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Khalik.

0 Kudos
PeterB
Beginner

Great news!

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Peter.

0 Kudos
PeterB
Beginner

Any idea when the compiler with the fix will be released?

0 Kudos
Gernot_Intel

Hello Peter,

we just wanted to let you know that the situation has been fixed with the 2022.2 release of our compilers/toolkits. This version is now publicly available for download. Please give it a try and let us know in case of any questions.

Best regards and many thanks for your patience!

--Gernot

PeterB
Beginner

Thank you, I can confirm that the issue described is not present in the newest compiler release.

0 Kudos