Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Compilation error internal error: 20000_7001

fpultar
Beginner

I have an application that is written in C++ and usually compiled using GCC/8.2.0. For a reason discussed here (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Math-Kernel-Library/Mix-and-match-GCC-and-Intel-OMP-problems/m-p/1365205) I would like to use the Intel toolchain instead.
"icc --version" gives me: "icc (ICC) 19.1.0.166 20191121"; operating system is CentOS 7. Bear in mind I'm on a cluster and have limited control on what I can install.

While compilation stops after some time I found that addition of the '-qoverride-limits' flag prevents premature termination. However, compilation of my code still takes very long and consumes lots of memory for translation units that involve OMP calls. Furthermore, compilation now stops at a different stage with a different error:

"[ 51%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/myfile.cc.o
/cluster/project/igc/fpultar/intel-19.1.0/application/src/myfile.cc(1836) (col. 19): internal error: 20000_7001

compilation aborted for /cluster/project/igc/fpultar/intel-19.1.0/application/src/myfile.cc (code 4)
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/build.make:300: src/interaction/CMakeFiles/myfile.cc.o] Error 4
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:388: src/CMakeFiles/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2"

My question is, what is the internal error and how could I prevent it? I allocate 12 cores and 64 GB of memory for compilation. 

Best,

Felix

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MadhuK_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel communities.

Could you please provide a sample reproducer code along with the steps you have followed? And also please let us know the version of your CentOS 7, so that we can try it from our end.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos
fpultar
Beginner

Unfortunately, I cannot give you code as the project is closed source. As for the steps I have taken, I cannot tell you more than what I have posted already (Intel toolchain in the specified version, special flag '-qoverride-limits',  CentOS 7, C++11 and OMP parallelization). I opened another post with some more details on a related problem (https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Math-Kernel-Library/Mix-and-match-GCC-and-Intel-OMP-problems/m-p/1365205) However, your system tagged it as spam and deleted it automatically. Two attempts by me to repost this information have been unfruitful.

I have searched for "internal error: 20000_7001" but could not find any information on that. I was hoping you could give me some insight on that error.

0 Kudos
MadhuK_Intel

Hi,

>>Two attempts by me to repost this information have been unfruitful.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

>>I'm on a cluster and have limited control on what I can install.

Could you please try compiling by installing the latest icc compiler (2021.5.0) if possible and see if you are getting the same error?

>>I cannot give you code as the project is closed source.

Please let us know if you are interested to share the sample reproducer so that we can contact you privately.

Thanks & regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos
MadhuK_Intel

Hi,

We haven't heard back from you. Could you please let us know if your issue is resolved, if not could you please respond to the above-asked questions to investigate your issue further?

Best Regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos
MadhuK_Intel

Hi,

As we haven't heard back from you, we assume that your issue is resolved and closing this thread. Please post a new question if you need any additional information from Intel, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thanks & regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos