Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Compilation errors when building python 2.7.8 with icc on Ubuntu 14.04

Ashwin_D_
Beginner

Hello,

As I did not receive a response to this question  - https://software.intel.com/en-us/comment/1798569#comment-1798569 I went ahead and compiled python on Linux using Intel ICC. Then I got these errors -

/home/aswin/buildPython/Python-2.7.8/Modules/_ctypes/libffi/src/x86/ffi64.c(56): error: identifier "__m128" is undefined
    UINT128 i128;
    ^

compilation aborted for /home/aswin/buildPython/Python-2.7.8/Modules/_ctypes/libffi/src/x86/ffi64.c (code 2)

I read a few workarounds for this error. But are there any updates. This is with the latest icc compiler.

Regards,

Ashwin.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee

You need to include immintrin.h to get __m128 data types.

Ashwin_D_
Beginner

Yes thanks. That worked. But I am not familiar with C include very much. The locate command gives me two immintrin.h files-one  icc and one gcc. How does the icc compiler pick the icc immintrin.h since I have not included the full path in the include statement ? Or this is a separate question ? :)