Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Compilations fails but produces valid obj

emmanuel_attia
Beginner

Hi

I have a part of a big project that involve lot's of forceinlining that use to compile perfectly with Intel 13.1 and Intel 14.0.

Since Intel C++ 15.0 I have this message:

blabla.cpp
  remark #11074: Inlining inhibited by limit max-size
  remark #11074: Inlining inhibited by limit max-total-size
  remark #11075: To get full report use -Qopt-report:4 -Qopt-report-phase ipo

Which I don't mind, the compiler is right, at some point I will have to remove some useless forceinline to reduce compile time, so I am fine with it.

BUT since an update I made this morning, I have the same message for this cpp, but then the compilation fails.

Even though the compilation did succeed: the .obj is there, valid and ready to be linked.

It boils down to something like that:

blabla.cpp
  remark #11074: Inlining inhibited by limit max-size
  remark #11074: Inlining inhibited by limit max-total-size
  remark #11075: To get full report use -Qopt-report:4 -Qopt-report-phase ipo
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 5 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have to relaunch a build command on my IDE because of a damn wrong "ERRORLEVEL" that I suppose icl did return . It seems at some point that remark was mistaken for as an error.

Here is the command-line (partially pruned from specific files and specific folders):

Intel(R) C++ Intel(R) 64 Compiler XE for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 15.0.4.221 Build 20150407

icl /Qvc11 "/Qlocation,link,C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\amd64" /I..\include /Zi /W3 /O2 /Ob2 /Oi /Ot /Qip -D __INTEL_COMPILER=1500 -D _WINDLL -D _UNICODE -D UNICODE /EHsc /MT /GS- /Qoffload-option,mic,compiler, /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Qansi-alias /Qopt-report-format:vs /TP

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Amanda_S_Intel
Employee

There is known issue that might apply here, however it is not clear to me if that applies to an offload to Intel MIC Architecture. I will check into it and update this thread. If you can attach a test case (you can reply to this thread privately if needed) then we can use it to verify the fix and make sure you are not encountering an entirely different problem.

0 Kudos
emmanuel_attia
Beginner

Hi,

The offload flag is an artifact from the Visual Studio Integration, I did not chose this parameter manually and there is no such construct in the code (it is 100% vectorized CPU code).

Regards

0 Kudos
dchabaud_optis_world

I am trying Intel C++ 15.0 (add-in in VC++ 2013) since yesterday. I experiment the same problem. The build report is poluated by hundred lines

9> remark #11074: Inlining inhibited by limit max-size

9> remark #11074: Inlining inhibited by limit max-total-size

How to get rid of them?

0 Kudos