Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Compile error of "use of '/fp: ' option along with a floating point precision option not supported "

Huang
Beginner

I got the compile error of "use of '/fp: ' option along with a floating point precision option not supported ". Please help me.
Compiler version is v11.0.074_ia32, using in MS VS2003. Compile option is following:

/c /I "..\..\src\am_peri"/D "_CONSOLE" /EHsc /MT /fp:fast /GR /YX"StdAfx.h" /Fp".\Release/libam_peri34.pch" /Fo".\Release/" /W3 /nologo /Qfp-speculationsafe /EHs /O3 /Op /QxW /Qparallel /Qglobal-hoist /Qprefetch /Zc:forScope

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Om_S_Intel
Employee
You need to provide an argument to /Qfp-speculation.The valid arguments are fast, safe, strict and off.

I have tried /Qfp-speculation:safe /fp:fast in VS2008 and it worked for me. Though I have not tried in VS2003. VS2003 is supported by Intel C++ compiler 11.0 so it should work.
0 Kudos
Huang
Beginner
You need to provide an argument to /Qfp-speculation.The valid arguments are fast, safe, strict and off.

I have tried /Qfp-speculation:safe /fp:fast in VS2008 and it worked for me. Though I have not tried in VS2003. VS2003 is supported by Intel C++ compiler 11.0 so it should work.

Thank you for replying. But it still doesn't work.
I change the project property in VS2003 to set the /Qfp-speculation to safe, but result in command line is not "/Qfp-speculation:safe", it was "/Qfp-speculationsafe". Then, compile it,same compileerror wasappeared.
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
Hi Huang,

I created the "hello world" project. I have reproduced the issue. It seems there is bug in Integration of the compiler in VS IDE.

You may set this option from command line property page as work arround.

I will submit an issue report to Intel's compiler development team.

Thanks,

Om
0 Kudos
Huang
Beginner
Quoting - Huang

I got the compile error of "use of '/fp: ' option along with a floating point precision option not supported ". Please help me.
Compiler version is v11.0.074_ia32, using in MS VS2003. Compile option is following:

/c /I "....srcam_peri"/D "_CONSOLE" /EHsc /MT /fp:fast /GR /YX"StdAfx.h" /Fp".Release/libam_peri34.pch" /Fo".Release/" /W3 /nologo /Qfp-speculationsafe /EHs /O3 /Op /QxW /Qparallel /Qglobal-hoist /Qprefetch /Zc:forScope

After deleting deprecated option "/Op", it is work.
Thanks toOm Sachan forreplying.
0 Kudos