Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Compiler 17.0.1 Windows "Emit Optimization Diagnostics to File=No" broken?

AndrewC
New Contributor III

It was really nice in Visual Studio 2013/Intel Compiler 15.0 that Windows "Emit Optimization Diagnostics to File=No" would send data to the "Compiler Optimization Report" Window of Visual Studio

Now it appears with Visual Studio 2015/Intel Compiler 17 that even if "Emit Optimization Diagnostics to File=No" a .optrpt file is created  - and nothing goes to the Visual Studio window no matter what the setting is.

This seems a broken feature to me.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Andrew

Thank you for the update.

I can reproduce the issue now. The openmp report is actually missing in "Compiler Optimization Report" Window, although shows in *.optrpt file.

I have escalated this issue and recorded in our problem-tracking system. We will try to resolve this issue as soon as we can. However, please be advised that this issue may have to be targeted to for the next major release. I will let you know when I have an update on this issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Vasci_

I cannot reproduce this. With 17.0 Update 1, Visual Studio 2015, I can still see "Compiler Optimization Report" Window displays.

Please see my screenshot when I build one of our samples in attachment.

In addition I also see the default file *.optrpt file generated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

Hi Yolanda,

Clearly it is working for you! Could you send me a screen shot of your Visual Studio 2015 "Diagnostics [Intel C++]" properties page.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Andrew

Here attached. I chose Optimization Diagnostics Level to 5, although I tried level 1 and 2. Both works.

I assume you should select release build with optimization enabled.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

I think there is some confusion on my part. I see that we are talking about "optimizations" which only apply when and optimization level is on.

I am trying to get an OpenMP report which should report OpenMP loops parallelized in both Debug and Release mode. 

0 Kudos
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Andrew

Thank you for the update.

I can reproduce the issue now. The openmp report is actually missing in "Compiler Optimization Report" Window, although shows in *.optrpt file.

I have escalated this issue and recorded in our problem-tracking system. We will try to resolve this issue as soon as we can. However, please be advised that this issue may have to be targeted to for the next major release. I will let you know when I have an update on this issue.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

Thanks for confirming it is an issue- I thought I was going crazy on this one!

0 Kudos