Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Compiler error assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/lower_init.c" on debian jessie

johan_m_
Beginner
Hi, I installed parallel_studio_xe_2015_update3 on my debian jessie on linux, and when i'm trying to compile the code I'm working on with icpc, there is this strange error : /usr/include/c++/4.9/sstream(564): internal error: assertion failed at: "shared/cfe/edgcpfe/lower_init.c", line 5243 ~basic_stringstream() with no links to my code or anything else. What did I missed? Config: kernel version 3.16.0-4-amd64 libstdc++6 g++ 4.9.2 also installed (no issues with this compiler) Thanks for your help I'm stuck with this problem. Johan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Georg_Z_Intel
Employee

Hello Johan,

with 15.0.3 and GCC 4.9.3 (did not have 4.9.2 at hand) I'm not able to reproduce this.

Could you please provide me a preprocessed output of the failing compilation? The smaller the file, the better. Please also enclose the compiler options. If you don't want to disclose the file you can send me a direct message.

The fail is a bug in the C/C++ compiler front-end.

Thank you very much,

Georg Zitzlsberger

0 Kudos