Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Compiler extension causes VS2005 debugger to crash

ekuznetsov
Beginner

I am unable to debug some of my projects because the debugger keeps crashing when hitting breakpoints. I tried cleaning and rebuilding, and even reinstalling Visual Studio, that does not help.As soon as the breakpoint is hit, I get a popup box informing me that "Microsoft Visual Studio has experienced an internal error" and then Visual Studio hangs.

This happens witha fully patched VS2005 and compilerversion 11.1.060 on a 64-bit Vista Home Premium, debugging a 32-bit app.

I managed to debug the crash with another instance of Visual Studio, andgot the following output in the output window:

A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in VSAccess.dll

Additional information: CXX0013: Error: missing operator

This is the stack at the moment of crash:

[Managed to Native Transition]
>VSAccess.dll!VSAccess.VSQuery.isFortran() + 0x57 bytes
VSAccess.dll!VSAccess.VSQuery.is64BitMode(ref bool mode = false) + 0x40 bytes
VSAccess.dll!VSAccess.VSQuery.getCurrentThreadsPC(ref ulong addr = 0) + 0x48 bytes
[Native to Managed Transition]

VSAccess.dll isC:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\060\\VSDebugExtension\\idb\\VSAccess.dll, version 1.0.0.0, timestamp11/22/2009 12:11 AM.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JenniferJ
could you try the 11.1.067 update to see if it still crash?

uninstall the 11.1.060, clear the "path" env-var so the dirs to 11.1.060 are removed.
install the 11.1.067.

if it still crash, does it crash in a simpler program?

Jennifer
0 Kudos
ekuznetsov
Beginner

This happens with 11.1.067 as well, same exact spot. I'll try to replicate it in a smaller program....

0 Kudos
Milind_Kulkarni__Int
New Contributor II
were you able to replicate in a small test-case?
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee
We may be able to investigate and help you better if you can share a small test case.
0 Kudos