Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Compiler internal error 04010003_13171

gmh
Beginner

Hi,

After a trivial change to a code that has successfully compiled many times, a compile failed with "internal error 04010003_13171". The unchanged code still compiles.

This is icc version 19.0.1.144 on a Cray.

Any idea what this is? I can provide more information if necessary but would like to just understand the basic nature of the error.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you posting in Intel C++ Compiler forum. Could you please provide us with the following details so that we can try it from our end.

1.    Reproducer code

2.    Changes you made in the code

3.    Steps to reproduce the error

4.    Complete error log

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
gmh
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the error with minimal code, and I can't post the actual code due to proprietary restrictions. I understand that this will not allow you to give a complete resolution of the problem.

I tried compiling the version that errored out yesterday, and it compiled without complaint. So it is an intermittent error.

The change I made was to enlarge some arrays by a factor of 10. But like I said, the code compiles today with that very same change.

I was just hoping to get a verbal description of this error number. My build command line is

cc -xavx -qopenmp -O3 -fpic -w -o outfile.x <a list of object files> ./bin/*.o -L /software/comp_intel/compiler19u1/compilers_and_libraries/linux/mkl/lib/intel64 -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_core -liomp5 -lpthread -I ./Mods

0 Kudos
Holloman
Beginner

Typically, a self-contained test case will be required so that the support team can recreate the problem. If preprocessing is a part of the compilation, then the easiest way is to capture the preprocessor output from the file that triggers the error (see compiler documentation for details). Otherwise, include all the required source code such as source, header, include or module files. Also, submit your compiler options and other relevant information about your build environment.

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Was your issue resolved? Can we discontinue monitoring this thread?

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
gmh
Beginner

I am still getting the error. It occurs about one in ten attempts to compile It is triggered by a variety of minor source code changes that do not seem to have anything in common.

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

See if any of the below options works for you.

1.    Could you please share us with the preprocessed files and the complete error log, if it is allowed?

2.    If you have a valid license for Intel compiler support, you can raise a ticket in supporttickets.intel.com for faster response.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We haven’t heard from you in a while. Is your issue resolved? Shall we discontinue monitoring this thread. Let us know your updates.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We haven’t heard back from you in a while. Assuming your issue is resolved, we’re going to discontinue monitoring this thread. For further issues and queries please raise a new thread. We’d be happy to help you.

Regards

Gopika 

0 Kudos