Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Compiler internal error: IERROR_MODULE_ID_1204

Stuart_M
Beginner

Hello,

I am hitting an internal compiler error IERROR_MODULE_ID_1204 with icl 14.0.2 on Windows (64-bit compiles) when using  -Qstd=c++11 and optimization (-O1 or above) on a few places in a large application. I have had a hard time boiling it down to a trivial example and I can't yet eliminate a dependency on some external code, but to start the conversation here is the demo code:

// Compile with Intel C++ for Windows 14.0.2 using icl -Qstd=c++11 -O1 -c
// Fails: internal error: IERROR_MODULE_ID_1204
// Without -Qstd=c++11 or with -Od it succeeds

#include <cmath>
#include <ObjexxFCL/FArray1D.hh>

void
foo()
{
	static double c( 0.0 );
	static double t( 123.456 );

int const N( 20 );
	ObjexxFCL::FArray1D< double > v;

for ( int d = 1; d <= N; ++d ) {
		for ( int w = 1; w <= N; ++w ) {
			c = std::pow( t, 4 );
		}
	}

}

I can provide the external code to Intel developers privately when they are ready to work on the issue.

Thanks,
Stuart

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your efforts in creating a small example.  In order to reproduce the error, I need you to do one more thing.  Assuming filename of the example is test.cpp, please create a preprocessed source file, by typing

> icl -Qstd=c++11 -E test.cpp > test-prep.cpp

Please upload test-prep.cpp in this issue.  If your header files may proprietary source code, please send me a private message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Stuart_M
Beginner

Thanks Feilong. I sent you the requested file via private message.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Stuart,

Thank you for your test case.  I've reproduced the problem and entered this issue to our problem-tracking database.  I'll let you know when I have an update from engineering team.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Stuart,

I was notified that this issue has been resolved in Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015.  You may download it in https://registrationcenter.intel.com

Thanks

0 Kudos