Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Composer XE 2013 Code Coverage Failure

Mark_P_2
Beginner

I'd like to profile my code using Code Coverage from within VisualStudio 2008.  Unfortunately it does not work, perhaps because it does not work with Qt.  Any ideas/suggestions?  Here is the output I get when I attempt to run the Code Coverage option from within VS2008.

Cannot open CodeCoverage\C__USERS_MARK.PRESSPRICH_DOCUMENTS_VISUAL STUDIO 2008_PROJECTS_RIGAKUINTEGRATE_RIGAKUINTEGRATE_GENERATEDFILES_RELEASE_MOC_RIGAKUINTEGRATECOMMANDLINE_CPP_SRC.HTML for output!

Progress: 10% .. 20% .. 30% .. 40% .. 50% .. 60% .. 70% .. 80% .. 90% ..

Code Coverage log was saved at  "file:\\C:\Users\Mark.Pressprich\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RigakuIntegrate\RigakuIntegrate\Release\CCovLog.html"
========== Code Coverage failed ==========

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Nikolay_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark,

Could you provide reproducer for your case?

Thanks,

--nikolay

0 Kudos
Mark_P_2
Beginner

"Could you provide reproducer for your case?"  Sorry, I don't have the time to do that.  Please provide a more useful suggestion.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I don't have the time to do that. Please provide a more useful suggestion... Mark, you need to provide more technical details about your case because the most complex part in investigation is reproduction of the problem. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Sukruth_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark,

Could you please send me the log file that is been generated "C:\Users\Mark.Pressprich\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RigakuIntegrate\RigakuIntegrate\Release\CCovLog.html" ?

Also could you try if the codecov can work fine through command line?

Step 1:- icl /Qprof-gen:srcpos <sources>

Step 2:- Run the instrumented executable

Step 3:- run "profmerge" command 

Step 4:- run "codecov" command

We are doing this just to know if there is any issue with the integration.

Regards,

Sukruth H V

0 Kudos