Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Composer XE 2013 Screws Up Detected Dependencies for Win32 targeted builds (Bad Path Environment Variable)

Mark_P_2
Beginner

Composer XE 2013 screws up the Detected Dependencies in Visual Studio 2008 Setup & Deployment Projects.  It chooses the redist\intel64 directory even if the project targets ia32.  I was able to fix the problem by editing the Path environment variable.

Originally (as configured by Composer XE 2013 installation):

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\compiler;

After I changed it:

%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\ia32\compiler;%INTEL_DEV_REDIST%redist\intel64\compiler;

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Mark, >>...Composer XE 2013 screws up the Detected Dependencies in Visual Studio 2008 Setup & Deployment Projects. It chooses >>the redist\intel64 directory even if the project targets ia32... What update of Composer XE 2013 do you use? Did you have that problem after installation Composer XE 2013? Please clarify. I didn't see any problems with Composer XE 2013 ( Initial Release & Update 2 ) integrated with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition. I have 6 solutions ( 37 projects with 148 different configurations, like 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows Mobile ) and everything is working properly.
0 Kudos
Mark_P_2
Beginner

"What update of Composer XE 2013 do you use?" Intel(R) C++ Compiler XE 13.1.1.171 [IA-32]

"Did you have that problem after installation Composer XE 2013?" Yes

"Please clarify."  What don't you understand?

"I didn't see any problems with Composer XE 2013 ( Initial Release & Update 2 ) integrated with Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition. I have 6 solutions ( 37 projects with 148 different configurations, like 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows Mobile ) and everything is working properly."  Do you use a setup and deployment project for any of your solutions?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Do you use a setup and deployment project for any of your solutions?.. Yes.
0 Kudos
Mark_P_2
Beginner

I've upgraded to Visual Studio 2012 instead.  This was necessary in order to use new C+11 features such as those in <thread>.  Note that there is no longer a setup & deploy project option in VS2012, so this discussion is moot.

0 Kudos