Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Composer on Windows - what is that "Linux" folder ?

Guillaume_A_
New Contributor I

Hello,

(Sorry but I did not find the proper forum for the whole Composer suite)

I recently installed Intel Composer 2018 on Windows and I see a "Linux" folder in the installation repository: C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2018.3.210\linux  .There is a lot of linux typed files (*.a, *.so) in it and it weighs 1.6Gb.

I am curious and I tried to delete it => Everything still goes fine ! (compilation and execution of my program). My program is compiled with ICC and uses MKL and Daal. Everything in "sequential" version (no multithreading)

I wonder what is that folder for ?

NB : I unchecked "gnu debugger" during the installation. There is the same folder in the previous Composer version (2017) installation repository.

Thanks,

Guillaume A.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Viet_H_Intel

Yes, you can delete it.

Regards,

Viet

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

Hi Guillaume,

What was the package name that you installed?

Thanks,

Viet 

0 Kudos
Guillaume_A_
New Contributor I

Hi Viet,

I installed Composer via the installer: parallel_studio_xe_2018_update3_composer_edition_for_cpp_setup.exe

I did the custom installation with: ICC, TBB, MKL and DAAL (x86 and x64 versions)

Guillaume A.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi Guillaume

It is for cross compilation.

More details: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/cross-compilation-challenges

Regards,

Viet

0 Kudos
Guillaume_A_
New Contributor I

Ok, interresting thing. 

So, if I do not plan to use the Cross Compilation nor a Xeon Phi, could you confirm that it safe for me to delete this stuff ?

(my hard drive is about to explode and I am tracking all waste of space ^^)

Thanks !

Guillaume A.

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Yes, you can delete it.

Regards,

Viet

0 Kudos