Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Configure to compile OpenMPI 4.1.1 on OSX

shyoo08
Beginner

I have a problem to compile OpenMPI 4.1.1 by Intel Classic Compiler, which is included in Intel OneAPI HPC Toolkit 2021.4. Here is the command that I used.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/opt/openmpi/4.1.1 CC=icc CXX=icpc CFLAGS='-isysroot /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -L/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/latest/mac/compiler/lib -I/opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/latest/mac/compiler/include'  

When I used above command, I met an error below.

configure: error: ptrdiff_t type is not available, this is required by C99 standard.  Cannot continue

I found that 'stddef.h', which enveloped with ICC, has ptrdiff_t type definition.

(location is /opt/intel/oneapi/compiler/latest/mac/compiler/include/icc/stddef.h')

What should I do to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Viet_H_Intel

Yes, you should use the OS that the compiler listed as a supported versions.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Hi,

We've released a oneAPI 2022.1. Can you see if this version solves your ENV issues?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
shyoo08
Beginner

Dear Viet,

Thank you very much for knowing the new versions.

I updated the oneAPI Toolkit and recompiled OpenMPI-4.1.1 manually.

I think that the ENV issues are resolved.

I appreciate yours helps again.

Sincerely,

SangHyuk Yoo

0 Kudos
Viet_H_Intel

Since your ENV is resolved, we are closing this thread and will no longer monitor it. Please post a new question if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

0 Kudos