Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Could I download Intel C++ compiler version 7 for MS Visual Studio 98?

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Everybody,

Could I download Intel C++ compiler version 7 for MS Visual Studio 98? If "Yes", could you provide a web link?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexander_W_Intel
Hi,
If you refer with Microsoft* Visual Studio 98 to Microsoft* Visual Studio 6.0 the Intel C++ Compiler 10.1is the latest that support Visual Studio 6.0. See: This KB article:Visual Studio* 6.0 is not supported in the 11.0 version
You can download older releases in the registration center. See KB article:How do I get an older version of an Intel Software Development Product?
Thanks,
Alex

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alexander_W_Intel
Hi,
If you refer with Microsoft* Visual Studio 98 to Microsoft* Visual Studio 6.0 the Intel C++ Compiler 10.1is the latest that support Visual Studio 6.0. See: This KB article:Visual Studio* 6.0 is not supported in the 11.0 version
You can download older releases in the registration center. See KB article:How do I get an older version of an Intel Software Development Product?
Thanks,
Alex
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Thank you, Alex!

>>...If you refer with Microsoft* Visual Studio 98 to Microsoft* Visual Studio 6.0...

Yes.Microsoft Visual Studio 98and Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 aredifferent names of one softwareproduct. So,
Microsoft Visual Studio 98= Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Alex,

I havea couple ofmore questions:

- How could Idowload an evaluation copy of anolder software product?

- How could I buy an older software product?

- I'd like to confirm that if I own some product AAA it is impossible to get an older version of software product BBB ( a differentone )?

Thank you for your time.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It is not only possible, we provide a Knowledge Base article on how to do it. See Obtaining and Installing an Older Version.
0 Kudos
Alexander_W_Intel
Sergey,
- As far as I know it is not possible to download an evaluation copy of an older software product.
- If you buy a actual software licence for a product you are able to download older software releases for this product as well.
- If already have a support account you can check in the registration center which products are enabled for you to download. To download an older version follow this instructions:http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-product/
Alex
0 Kudos