Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

DF98 Directory, dfor.lib and Fortran Compiler

Chandler__Gavin
Beginner

Hello,

I was working on Visual Studio 2013 project and was using C++ that calls Fortran scripts. However, I keep getting the error:

Error LNK1104: cannot open file 'DFOR.lib' Visual Studio

However, I do not even have the DF98 directory where DFOR.lib should reside. I was trying to get it but think I am missing a Fortran compiler and libraries. 

Do I need to download a compiler or are there libraries I can simply get to fix the issue.

Thank you so much,

Gavin

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Ideally, you would rebuild .obj which are linked against a library which was end of life over 15 years ago, prior to the advent of Fortran iso C compatibility.  If you have source code, rebuild with a Fortran compatible with your c++ will fix this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Ideally, you would rebuild .obj which are linked against a library which was end of life over 15 years ago, prior to the advent of Fortran iso C compatibility.  If you have source code, rebuild with a Fortran compatible with your c++ will fix this.

0 Kudos
Chandler__Gavin
Beginner

Hello Tim,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did see others that pointed to the problem coming from the lack of Compaq Visual Fortran from Intel but wanted to make sure. Also do not have much experience in this field so for rebuilding my fortran code, should I just find the source code in Visual Studio and build it? I am currently using Visual Studio 2013 Professional and I have Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 Cluster Edition for Windows.

Thank you,   

Gavin

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Parallel studio including fortran should fit your purpose well. A project built with predecessor compilers such as cvf and MSvc of that time should work well with recent ifort and either msvc or icl.
0 Kudos
Chandler__Gavin
Beginner

Hey Tim,

I made the fortran code as a static library that the VC++ project calls as a subroutine of sorts and recompiled it with IVF compiler. However, there are many errors in the old code I need to fix before I can really look at the DFOR.lib issue since some of the code is not compiling which I think is the issue.

I am new with fortran so if you could tell me how to make continuation lines in the code that would help a lot. The current issue is that the ampersand is not working for me and I keep getting the error unrecognized token '&' skipped. For smaller lines, increasing the fixed form line length and making the two lines one worked but there are instances where the lines are too large for this. The code was written around 15 years ago and in fixed form Fortran but I am unfamiliar with fortran and how the new compiler and settings affect the code.

Converting to free form causes a series of errors with other formatting and the code does not seem broken so I do not think converting to free form is necessary. If you could just tell me the correct format for continuation lines then it would help me a lot.

Thanks,

Gavin

0 Kudos