Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7943 Discussions

Data Base generation from file statements.

woleakande
Beginner
To me I think it is possible to create a data base from just in and out statements of file statements.
The reason is because if you make several ".dat" files then you now make a " .what" file to keep all your ".dat"
My problem now ,Jennifer ,is which file extension will be suitable for keeping all my ".dat" files in a list-out format.
Am really waiting for your reply.
0 Kudos
18 Replies
JenniferJ
I couldn't figure out what your question is. Please give more detail or be more specific.

Jennifer
0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner
I couldn't figure out what your question is. Please give more detail or be more specific.

Jennifer

You know that a .dat or .txt file can store files in the normal open and close statements. Now if you arrange
groups of these then you can have several .dat or .txt files.
Now my question is how can i keep all of them in on single .dat or .txt file OR what extension should a file
that can hold several .dat or .txt have.Thanks.

Also pls help tell how to make (programmatically) mp3,mp4 etc files.
Thanks in anticipation
0 Kudos
Om_S_Intel
Employee

Your question does not seem to be on C/C++ or Intel compiler.
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Quoting - woleakande
To me I think it is possible to create a data base from just in and out statements of file statements.
The reason is because if you make several ".dat" files then you now make a " .what" file to keep all your ".dat"
My problem now ,Jennifer ,is which file extension will be suitable for keeping all my ".dat" files in a list-out format.
Am really waiting for your reply.

aoleakande,

regarding your question about generatin mp3 and mp4, Intel Media SDK would do this for you, also you may check Intel IPP for the same purpose, but Intel IPP is a lower-level API.

regads,
Tamer
0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Your question does not seem to be on C/C++ or Intel compiler.

Hi Sachan,
I ve got the answer and to me its just the CreateDirectory() syntax that will be used to assembly all the ".dat" or ".txt" files together. I hope am correct.Try it.
Bye.
0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner
Quoting - Tamer Assad

aoleakande,

regarding your question about generatin mp3 and mp4, Intel Media SDK would do this for you, also you may check Intel IPP for the same purpose, but Intel IPP is a lower-level API.

regads,
Tamer
Thanks Tamer Assad,
Am yet to get an Intel C/C++ compiler .I 've not found it to buy in Nigeria.As soon as I get it I will try it.
However,could you help tell how MSVC++ 2008 would generate mpe and mp4 or any video file?
Thanks in anticipation
0 Kudos
Artem_V_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 cannot produce encoded video streams. It is intended for other purposes.

You can use UMC video encoder from IPP Samples to encode *.yuv files into MPEG2 and MPEG4 files. If you already have Visual Studio you also need latest IPP. IPP and IPP Samples can be downloded from the Intel Registration Center.

If you have any questions concerned with IPP or IPP Samples you can ask it at the IPP Forum.

Thanks,

Art

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Am hopeful that I will get an intel compiler in place of a book am to be given for attaining brown belt.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner
Please i will appreciate a samle code fully written here pending the time i contact your links.Thanks so much for your kind understanding.
0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi woleakande,,

MS Visual studio 2008 is a good IDE, while you may integrate Intel C++ compiler with VS2008, you still can MS C++ complier built-in MS-VC++.

You have many alternatives to start programming with media formats and files, so you first need to decide which library you will utilize in your project (you may use more than one library within the same project, but you need begin by getting familiar with one at a time). MS Direct Show is a very common choice. Intel Media SDK is also a choice you must consider, Intel IPP is great choice as well and it is a lower level API than Intel Media SDK, choosing between Intel IPP and Intel Media SDK depends on the technical requirements of your project.

Please choose a library for your implementation, and contact me if you require additional support.

Intel IPP, Intel Media SDK, and MS Direct Show provides the functionality to generate mpeg and mp4 Video. Intel Media SDK and MS Direct Show may have some limitations working with MP4, these limitations are related the Windows OS system you are targeting (Win 7, Vista, XP?). Intel IPP is platform independent and supports almost all Windows and Linux operating systems.

Regards,

Tamer

0 Kudos
Artem_V_Intel
Employee

Hello woleakande,

Sorry for the broken link. Here is a right one: IPP Forum.

Anyway you also can use this URL: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-integrated-performance-primitives/

Thanks,

Art

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Hi Tamer,

Thanks for taking time out to assist me,but do you know that i don't have intel compiler and the IPP you mentioned i don't know where to get it.

For the meantime am using MSVC++ but as you have said it doesn't have the neccessary header files to do graphics and audio( or does it have,pls tell me which header file in particular).For instance it does not have header,but which header can do waht this can do. I want tomanage this MSVC++ pending the time i can get the IPP.

Pls note that am new to mp3 and mp4 (audio and video) and the use of appropriate libraries in programe compilation. But all am saying is an assistance as to what can do similar coding for a beginner like me in MSVC++ for now pls..

I will appreciate some sample codes.

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Thanks for the info but how i wish you can help further by showing some sample codes and especially linking me to me where i can download that IPP software.

Thanks for your concern once again.

0 Kudos
Artem_V_Intel
Employee

Hi woleakande,

As I mentioned above you can download IPP and IPP Samples from the Intel Registration Center.

Thanks,

Art

0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator
Quoting woleakande

Hi Tamer,

Thanks for taking time out to assist me,but do you know that i don't have intel compiler and the IPP you mentioned i don't know where to get it.

For the meantime am using MSVC++ but as you have said it doesn't have the neccessary header files to do graphics and audio( or does it have,pls tell me which header file in particular).For instance it does not have header,but which header can do waht this can do. I want tomanage this MSVC++ pending the time i can get the IPP.

Pls note that am new to mp3 and mp4 (audio and video) and the use of appropriate libraries in programe compilation. But all am saying is an assistance as to what can do similar coding for a beginner like me in MSVC++ for now pls..

I will appreciate some sample codes.

Hi woleakande,

Here are the links to the download page of each of the libraries, sorted according to my recommendation to you, in order to start media programming smoothly (please start with just one of these).

1. Intel Media SDK: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/media/

2. MS Direct Show, it is part Windows Server 2003 R2 Platform SDK Full Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=484269e2-3b89-47e3-8eb7-1f2be6d7123a

3. Intel IPP will be shipped within Intel C++ compiler package, you may download a 30 days trial version at: http://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-compilers/

Also, this article will give you additional information about IPP: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/ipp-downloads-registration-and-licensing/

After you decide which of these libraries you will use, download it, install it, and then you file find some very useful samples, tutorials, and guides to accomplish your first, as well as your future advanced media program.

Regards,

Tamer

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Hi Tamer,

Words are not enough to thank you for your great concern and time to time advice as regards my new area of programming(media).

Now I want to shut up and try out these things you've mentioned and I promise to get back to you in due course.I don't want you to lose tourch with me.

Thanks a lot teacher.

0 Kudos
Tamer_Assad
Innovator

Hi woleakande,

It is my pleasure to help you, Im glad to know that now you are on your right way. I hope I read your future posts on Intel Media SDK forum, and/or Intel Integrated Performance Primitives forum.

Regards,

Tamer

0 Kudos
woleakande
Beginner

Hi Tamer,

My game (or should I say animation sample code is available) is ready.

I will give a hyperlink to clike on.

I used MSVC++ since I don't still have an Intel C++ compiler.

Don't forget to still find more assistance for me on Directdraw and DirectInput.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos