Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Dead in the water on MacBook

ted_5153
Beginner
Hi,

Two months ago I bought the C++ compiler and successively installed it on my macMini. I installed the disk and "continued" my way to a functioning icc and icpc.
This past weekend I got a MacBook for some portable computing. I first loaded it up from the macMini via TimeMachine. This worked except for the C++ compiler. After some messing around including "source"'ing I punted and went with plan B - load directly off of the C++ compiler DVD. Same outcome, the compiler punts on an inability to open basic (and readable) files like math.h and also can't find -lcrt1.105.o.
I am surprised as the hardware of the Macs are almost identical (slight differences in the clock speed of the Core 2 Duo processors).
Any suggestions towards getting a functioning compiler running on the MacBook would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ted
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Ted,

Are you able to compile a simple hello-world program with gcc on your MacBook? This is one thing you may want to check. If yes, you probably can check if the directory of icc has been changed for some reason.
Thank you.
--
Feilong H.
Intel Developer Support

Tools Knowledge Base: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tools
0 Kudos
ted_5153
Beginner
Hi Feilong H.
I reinstalled (via internet) Xcode and this did the trick. I guess something subtle was missing as a result of initializing the MacBook with Time Machine. Prior to re-loading Xcode, I went back and noticed that gcc was having trouble finding some basic includes (like stdio.h). With the new Xcode installation everything seems ok.
Thank you for the suggestion.
Ted
(I still don't know how to insert blank lines into these comments)
0 Kudos
Feilong_H_Intel
Employee
Ted,

I'm glad to hear that Xcode works now.

In order to insert blank lines, just press Enter for a few more time.

Thanks,
Feilong
0 Kudos