Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Debbuger error

soldi01fs
Beginner
Hi,
i have debian etch and i installed the icc (v 11) as in the manual described.
the compiling and link is ok, but the idb Debugger post the following problem:
if i load it with idb and i click on open executable and choose the file then pop up the following error:
"unable to locate source file /build/buildd/glibc-2.3.6.sdl/buildtree/glibc-2.3.6/sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S"

can anybody tell me whats wrong?
thx a lot...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lingfeng_C_Intel
Employee
Quoting - soldi01fs
Hi,
i have debian etch and i installed the icc (v 11) as in the manual described.
the compiling and link is ok, but the idb Debugger post the following problem:
if i load it with idb and i click on open executable and choose the file then pop up the following error:
"unable to locate source file /build/buildd/glibc-2.3.6.sdl/buildtree/glibc-2.3.6/sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S"

can anybody tell me whats wrong?
thx a lot...

Hi

You can access below URL for more details about idb issue. http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-debugger-idb-linux-error-license-for-dbgl-not-available
Please confirm you purchase idb license too.

Good luck,
Wise
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
This URL refers to the requirement to get the license key file re-issued for upgrades to idb with 11.0. idb isn't licensed separately from the compiler.
There are several additional known points on which idb installation isn't adequately documented.
1. On all distros I have tried, it requires the Sun jre 1.6 (linux x86_64 version if running that OS). On older kernels, it may require the Sun jre 1.5, as specified in release notes. It should be OK to have both 1.5 and 1.6 installed.
2. "which java" should show you a symlink. That symlink must point to the Sun jre. Some distros come with one which points to gcj. If you remove the symlink before installing Sun jre, it will set up the correct symlink automatically.
3. If jrockit is present, the environment variable must be set to tell idb to use the Sun jre. This is revealed in an earlier post on the forum.
4. The help button doesn't work unless "mozilla" is a symlink to a working Firefox. I haven't seen a distro which satisfied this. I believe unzip must also be present.
0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Thanks for the response Tim/Wise. I did confirm that the above mentioned responses should resolve the issue. Yes, installation of jre 1.5 (a minimum recommended) and it's definitely good to install the current jre 1.6.

-regards,
Kittur
0 Kudos