Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Debugging in Visual Studio 2005 after installing 10.0.026

AndrewC
New Contributor III
I have noticed that since installing 10.0.026 it seems that debugging under VS 2005 has got a bit weird. Trying to start a debug session from within VS will give the message (for example) "Cannot find libguide40.dll" for example when libguide40.dll is in the $PATH, and launching from outside the debugger works fine. Typically I now launch from outside, then Attach.. to the process ( and libguide40.dll is loaded as expected)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewC
New Contributor III
For some strange reason, the fix to this is to enter
PATH
in the Properties/Debugging/Environment field.
Not sure why this is needed now as the PATH should be included by default in a debug session.
0 Kudos
marco_lopes
Beginner
Hi,

I have the same problem, this is really weird.
Including PATH as you said solved the prblem.

Marco
0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III
There was something in the release notes for 10.0.027 that seemed to indicate they fixed the problem, but that does not seem to be the case.
0 Kudos
marco_lopes
Beginner
Hi,

I guess these are bad news, hopefully they will fix it the next time.

I have another problem regarding it. I've created an installation using Visual C++ and I included the libguide40.dll on my aplication's folder. After the installation, the installer tried to register my dlls and it fails.

I've tried to register using regsvr32 directly on the prompt and it failed, telling it could not find the dlls using water fall whatever....

The thing is after i set the path to the aplication's folder, everything worked fine. Do you know the correct way of installing the libguide?

Thank you in advance,

Marco
0 Kudos