Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Debugging on Eclipse

Engin_F_
Beginner

I have two related questions related with debugging on Eclipse:

1. I want to integrate IDB compiler to my Eclipse project.
In order to do that, I have installed required plugins (Intel C++ Compiler XE 2013, Intel Debugger for Applications). I want to debug opencv library, so that I have imported a project generated by cmake. By using project settings I have set Debugger to Intel Compiler. You can see my debug settings on image attached.
The problem is that: Whenever I try to debug an application inside opencv library, the following error occurs: An internal error occurred during, java.lang.NullPointerException. You can see error message on uploaded picture.

Before invoking eclipsei I run following commands:
source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh ia32
eclipse &

2. Debugging with IDB is not a mandatory for me. But tries with gdb have some inconsistent behaviours hence debugging cannot be done. The problem is that, when debugging starts, all things are well. But when I place a breakpoint, program hangs at a different point, ie. hangs on a point which has not a breakpoint defined there. Debugger never hits to place where I have placed a breakpoint. I know that icc and gcc are compatible, hence debug information generated by icc should be fine for gdb. But I don't know why this happens.

Information about used software:

Used compiler flags: -O2 -g
Ubuntu 12.04LTS 32 bit
Eclipse 3.7.2 Indigo
java -version output:
java version "1.6.0_27"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.12.6) (6b27-1.12.6-1ubuntu0.12.04.2)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)
PS:All java related things coming from Ubuntu official repo.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
This is simply to let you know that there is a dedicated forum related to Intel Debugging solutions. Please take a look.
0 Kudos