Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.

Developer (Non Commercial) License

PDeeg
Beginner

Hi 

I'm developing an open source build tool for a number of C related langauges. 
I was wondering if I could get a license for the C/C++ compilers in order to allow their use in the application. 

The app can be found here 
https://github.com/Dekken/maiken ;
Readme https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Dekken/maiken/master/README.md ;

Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi Phillip,

The Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux*  will be offered under the non-commercial license terms in the near future.   Until that time, please use the 30-day evaluation version of the product. You can visit  https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/try-buy-tools for more information.

_Kittur 

0 Kudos
PDeeg
Beginner

The 30 day license was enough time to implement it.

Any idea when the non-commercial license will be released?

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Philip, good to know that you were able to get it done with the 30 day license period.  Well, on your question related to non-commercial license, there's no official date on it's availability except that the Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux*  will be offered under the non-commercial license terms in the near future. I'll let you know as soon as it's out. Appreciate your patience accordingly.

_Kittur

0 Kudos
Nadisanka_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I want to activate Intell Parallel Studio Composer Edition 2015. I already have tested my code with the trial version and it is working fine. Please let me know how can I activate my product with a proper license. BTW I am using this for commercial purposes.

Thank you!

Regards,

Zank

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Nadisanka R. wrote:

Hi,

I want to activate Intell Parallel Studio Composer Edition 2015. I already have tested my code with the trial version and it is working fine. Please let me know how can I activate my product with a proper license. BTW I am using this for commercial purposes.

Thank you!

Regards,

Zank

You're probably aware of the purchase options, e.g. https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-parallel-studio-xe/try-buy

When you receive a license, you could simply replace the license in the licenses folder, or register it at registrationcenter.intel.com and use it to upgrade to the latest update from that site.

0 Kudos
Nadisanka_R_
Beginner

Hi,

Yes I know purchase options. I just wanted to know how to activate my trial version.

BTW I am using Linux (CentOS 6.6). Hope it wil be ok to replace the license in the license folder.

Thank you!

Regards,

Zank

0 Kudos
Nadisanka_R_
Beginner

Hi Tim,

I checked in /opt/intel/licenses folder and currently is empty. Do I have to copy my license file to this folder? Please let me know.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Hi,
If you already have installed the evaluation product and want to make that a product installation (as long as the product license is for the same eval product!) all you need to do is to copy the product license to the /opt/intel/licenses folder. You don't have to re-install the product unless the product is an upgraded version of the evaluation product. 
_Kittur

0 Kudos
KitturGanesh
Employee

Also, if you want to check as to which license the product is using, you can do the following:

1) set the environment variable INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=1
2) %icc -V
The command should also output the license information such as the license use (in order) and the order of paths searched as well.
Additionally, if you find that the product is an upgraded version than the evaluation copy you have, then you can execute the ./uninstall.sh script found under the installation directory at the same level as where the bin directory exists. After successfully uninstalling the eval product you can download the actual product and install again using the license file option or using the SN# option which would activate the product as well.

_Kittur

0 Kudos