Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7944 Discussions

Difference between MKL DLL and (so) shared object when each is shared with other dynamic libraries

RiskNeutralBoy
Beginner

I have two dynamic libraries, both of which utilize a common third Intel MKL dynamic library (dll/so). To set the number of threads in the MKL library, each of the dynamic libraries call the mkl_set_max_threads function. When I run this setup on Windows 10, I can see that the changes made to the MKL library by the first dynamic library are reflected when I call mkl_get_max_threads from the second library and vice versa. However, when I run this setup on Linux (Ubuntu 20), the changes made to the MKL library by the first dynamic library are not visible to the second library. I believe this discrepancy is due to differences in how dynamic libraries handle memory and context. I would appreciate it if someone could explain the reason for differences to me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for posting on Intel Communities.

Could you please get back to us with more details like environment details, reproducer, and steps to reproduce(if any)? as it helps us reproduce the issue at our end.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

A gentle reminder:

It has been a while since we heard back from you. Could you please get back to us with the details requested in the earlier thread?

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos
ShanmukhS_Intel

Hi,

We assume that your issue is resolved. If you need any other information, please post a new query as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Best Regards,

Shanmukh.SS

0 Kudos