Intel® C++ Compiler
Support and discussions for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
7568 Discussions

Does Icc 15 contains the offload feature ?

amit_l_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm running under Linux & Eclipse

I saw a paper that icc 15.0 Beta 2 contains offload feature, and I'm inteding to use the offload feature (#pragma offload target(gfx)).

1. How can I check if the icc15 I have contains this feature ?

2. (How can I be sure that the parallel threads run on the GPU instead of the CPU ?)

3. Does version 15.0 contains the 15.0 Beta 2 ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barry_T_Intel
Employee

You're more likely to get the answer you want in the Intel C++ Compiler forum, so I've moved your thread there.

- Barry

Vladimir_P_Intel2
Anoop_M_Intel
Employee

The Compute offload feature to Intel processor Graphics is supported fro Intel C++ Compiler 15.0 Update 1. You can make sure the workload is running on GPU by setting the env variable GFX_CPU_BACKUP=0 (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/522477). In addition, Intel Vtune Amplifer 15.0 Update1 and above supports profiling the hardware events on GPU. Intel C++ Compiler 16.0 Beta ships the Debugger for Linux (supports both command line as well as eclipse IDE integration).

Thanks and Regards
Anoop