Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Does Intel C++ compiler integrate with VS2010 Express?

Harald_Hallen
Beginner
I have used Intel C++ Composer XE for Windows since 2010. When I purchased and installed it, my main development environment was Visual Studio 2008 Professional. After installing the Intel compiler, it was seamlessly integrated with VS2008 Professional.

Recently the number of developers at my site has increased, and for cost reasons we use Visual Studio 2010 Express as the "common denominator" as far as PC software development is concerned. I installed VS2010 Express in parallel to my existing VS2008 Professional environment. Not surprisingly, the Intel compiler is not integrated in VS2010 Express. Because of the effort involved in maintaining parallel versions of large numbers of project and solution files, I would very much like to be able to do all my work in VS2010 Express.

My questions:
1. Is it at all possible to integrate the Intel compiler in the Express version of VS2010?
2. If so, is it possible to integrate it without doing a re-install of the Intel compiler?

Thanks in advance,
H Hallen
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Harald,
UnderVisual Studio 2010 Express, you can install the Intel Compiler for command line usage for 32-bit (IA32) applications only, but not integrate it into theIDE.
Please refer to theIntel C++ Composer XE 2011 release notes for further system requirements.
I hope this helps.
Hubert.
0 Kudos
Harald_Hallen
Beginner
Hi Hubert,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Now I know the score.

Harald
0 Kudos