Intel® C++ Compiler
Community support and assistance for creating C++ code that runs on platforms based on Intel® processors.
7956 Discussions

Does Intel provided-libraries compiled with -fPIC?

joelihnhotmail_com

I have a  lib*.so(ia32) compiled with composer_xe_2013.1.117 integrate with eclipse, with compilation option -staic-intel .

When i want use UPX(Ultimate Packer for eXecutables) to pack lib*.so, sth wrong like:

"upx: lib*.so: CantPackException: DT_TEXTREL found; re-compile with -fPIC"

but in project properties, i have checked the -fpic option, and all other libraries(not intel-provided) has complied with -fpic already,because i have pack success when i complie the dynamic library with G++.

So, does Intel provided-libraries compiled with -fPIC? If not, Can you tell me how to re-complie the libraries?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
21 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>SVML is included in all our compiler packages. Compilers make use of it automatically. >>You can also use it (its intrinsics) manually: >>software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/iss/2013/c... Thanks. I assumed that SVML is some external library that has some set of headers and has a lib-file which could be linked to an application. I will review docs.
0 Kudos